1. Fashion Week Opening Night quote, “All the old men look really rich, all the young men look really gay.”
2. Nom*D making a racket on their runway aptly named ‘Noise’
3. Underground Installation — a harmonious constellation of Fashion meets Art.
4. Trelise Cooper‘s two-part runway
Personally felt the first half was gimmicky and tacky but abso-loved the second half, would wear in a heartbeat!
5. Stolen Girlfriend‘s off-site runway show. We were all freezing our asses off but it was so worth it.
6. NZ Weddings Magazine Show: always a fave! Cute little tots strutting their stuff with confused faces + sullen-looking models in floaty phenomenal bridal dresses (the irony) + dapper men in slick suits. What’s not to love?!
7. Andrea Moore‘s hand make-up. I am so going as “Andrea Moore model” for Halloween this year.
8. Trish Peng‘s debut RTW collection. Loved those laser-cut jackets and skirts, refreshing, snazzy change from her usual bridal/evening wear looks.
10. When Kate Sylvester tore up (possibly) a million Donna Tartt works of literary art and created a literary hailstorm of Tartt-inspired garb. J’adore. Love. Ai. Saranghae. The literary geek in me (almost) imploded.
Like what you see? Follow @nzfashionwk for NZ Fashion snaps and our friends at Inverted Edge, @invertededge to shop these collections!
Thanks for another great year NZ Fashion Week!