[UPDATED: Livescape’s statement on the news is below:]

wpid-wp-1425684193949.jpeg

Singapore’s Ministry of Home Affairs kept to their promise, delivering a verdict today to the appeal by organisers of Future Music Festival Asia 2015 to hold the event in Singapore.

The ministry has rejected the appeal after a spokesperson said to TODAY that home affairs minister Teo Chee Hean “carefully considered” the appeal.

Livescape released a statement on the FMFA15 Facebook page stating they had yet to receive official word, although TODAY reported that Livescape was told of the appeal results on Friday morning:

wpid-wp-1425649392729.jpeg

Despite announcing arrivals of top acts and selling 15,000 out of the 20,000 tickets on sale for the two-day event at Changi Exhibition Centre, Livescape unsuccessfully applied for a public entertainment licence twice in January and February this year, according to Channel NewsAsia.

On 29 Jan, when their first licence application got rejected, organisers went ahead to announce the full lineup for FMFA15:

wpid-wp-1425649402196.jpeg

Lawyer Samuel Seow, who represents Livescape, explained that promotion plans went ahead despite the license not being confirmed because “there was a level of confidence on the part of the client that this show was going to go on. They never thought for real that it would truly be rejected.”

Last year’s iteration of Future Music Festival Asia was marred by drug issues.

In Parliament Friday, senior minister of state for home and foreign affairs Masagos Zulkifli said the government is “keeping an eye” on music festivals for drug abuse worries. This is amid reports of more drug abusers under 30 years old caught from those five years ago, as reported by Channel NewsAsia.

Livescape co-founder Iqbal Ameer had previously said that if the appeal was rejected, plans would be made to host performers in various spots around Singapore. Refunds for tickets could also be arranged.

The event was scheduled to be held on Mar 13 & 14.