You may have already heard about the Lion King musical that has been in town since March 2011. If you have yet to catch it, here’s 5 reasons why you should!
1. Your eyes are in for a treat – for the next 2.5hours, you get to marvel at the elaborate set design, and witness how impeccable the transitions are from Act to Act.
2. The theatre will be filled with familiar hits from the Disney animation such as “Can you feel the Love Tonight”, “Circle of Life”, “I Just can’t wait to be King” and more!
3. Tension between the lions will be felt owing to the superb acting skills of a star-studded cast. At the same time, the play allows one to think about moral issues revolving around the notion of “karma” which is relevant to all walks of life.
4. Timon and Pumba’s jokes will tickle your funny bone. You can almost feel the spirit of “Hakuna Matata” (Swahili phrase meaning “There are no worries”) running through your veins as they break out in song.
5. You get to be part of an elaborate fictional jungle, where humans being portrayed as animals make use of special props such as stilts/wheels to move.
(Photo source: Steve)
Many will concur that it’s one of the best musicals around, and admittedly so since it has swept a plethora of awards since its inception – from the Drama Desk Awards to the Tony Awards.
There will be daily performances (with the exception of Monday) staged at the Marina Bay Sands theatre till the end of September.
Do grab hold of tickets if you have a chance!